Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My visual essay: today's in-class assignment

Q: What was I trying to convey about literacy in my visual essay?
A: I tried to convey how I learned to read and write. I also tried to show where I am now in my skeleton of a creative writing path. In other words, it isn't much , but it may lead somewhere again, if that makes sense.

Q: What parts worked best? Why?
A: I think what works best in my essay is the lack of flesh because it leaves much to the imagination, and yet it reveals more than one might initially think. It is as if you are looking at an invisible woman, but it is really an invisible man (based on my female pseudonym). Irony never fails to find its way into my writing, whatever kind of text makes no difference.

Q: Which had the most impact? Why?
A: The biggest impact may be the link behind the glasses because (1) it is one of the most amazing views from the top of Mount Everest; (2) it is even interactive as you can direct the computer which direction to look from the top.

Q: What parts worked less well? Which had the least impact? Why?
A: The lips did not work so well because I originally intended them to burp, but to get the burp you would have to be redirected to another site and link, and I just wound up hating the idea that it would not be an instant burp. So I ended up directing the link to an image of the Stones' Tattoo You album. It is probably not obvious how that even relates to literacy, except that tattoos are a form of imagery and text.



.

No comments: